The in-house diagnostic capability at Meadow Brook Animal Clinic provides pet owners in Birmingham, Inverness, and Homewood with on-site routine testing of blood chemistry to determine your pet’s overall health. Our pets cannot communicate when something is wrong, in fact, they instinctively hide their abnormalities. Diagnostic tests can indicate a condition that may not be seen from the outside.
Results from diagnostic testing can:
- • Detect infection and anemia
- • Determine electrolyte status and hydration level
- • Check the immune system and the blood’s ability to clot
- • Evaluate kidney, liver, and pancreas function
- • Screen for Thyroid disease, Cushing's disease and Addison's disease
- • Check blood sugar levels
- • Other routine tests include fecal analysis, urinalysis, and testing for parasites
The quick turnaround time of our comprehensive in-house lab combined with our pharmacy can get you same day diagnosis and treatment. That’s all the better for quickly getting your pet back to normal.
If your pet requires advanced laboratory testing, we use The Michigan State Veterinary Diagnostic Lab, IDEXX, or the world renowned GI Lab at Texas A&M.
If you feel that something is not right with your pet, don’t hesitate to call and make an appointment.